Are you looking for a way to add new depth and re-readability to your writing?
Are you tired of description being “the boring part that people skip”?
Are you a writer who’s struggled with making their story world feel believable and three-dimensional?
Description in fiction shouldn’t be boring for the reader or for the writer.
Description: A Busy Writer’s Guide will help you take your writing to the next level by exchanging ho-hum description for description that’s compelling and will bring your story to life, regardless of the genre you write.
In Description: A Busy Writer’s Guide, you will
- find the answer to the age-old question of how much description is too much;
- learn how to use point of view to keep description fresh;
- recognize the red flags for boring description in fiction;
- explore how to use all five senses to bring your descriptions to life for the reader;
- discover the ways metaphors and similes can add power to your descriptive writing;
- gain the tools needed to describe setting, characters, and action in engaging ways;
- learn how descriptions can add conflict, enhance the theme, and amp up emotion; and
- much more!
This book puts theory into plain language alongside examples so you can see how that theory looks in practice. In addition, you’ll receive tips and how-to exercises to help you apply what you learn to the pages of your own story. Most importantly, like every book in the Busy Writer’s Guide series, Description: A Busy Writer’s Guide cuts the fluff so that you have more time to write and to live your life.